Friday, February 24, 2012

Blog Post #1

  • Fluffy....
  • Chubby..
  • Plump..
  • Hefty....
  • Chunky..

However you choose to to nicely put being obese.. you're body isn't going to be so kind when you've pushed it beyond it's limit and it starts to shut down leaving with you :

  • Diabetes Type 2
  • Congestive Heart  Disease
  • Fatty Liver Disease
  • Gallbladder Disease
  • High Blood pressure
  •  complications of pregnancy  

And the list goes on.. The sad thing is- most of us know the side effects of being obese- but yet most of us still choose to order pizza or pick up a soda.

 I myself have never been "skinny" 
I recall being in the 4th grade and weighing 120lbs and absolutely hating it.
I've been over 200lbs (that I can remember) since the age of 13. 
Now- I might have always been at a high weight- but I did competitive swimming from the age of 5 till I was 16... So I had a lot of muscle and was fit until I stopped swimming in the 10th grade.
I probably was a size 12- 14 from middle school till 10th grade and then started to gain more leaving me in a size 18, 152lbs at the age of 17.... not my proudest point in life.
I was able to loose a good 30lbs and keep it off until I was 20- then I decided I was "sick" of always having to eat healthy and yet I could never get in a "normal" weight range- it was frustrating when I would go to eat a chip or a cookie and hear "aren't you on a diet, Elise?" .... my WHOLE LIFE! I was SICK of ALWAYS watching what I ate as I watched my friends eat anything they desired and not even gain an ounce... So I thought I was bad a**  and thought I could just eat what everyone else ate: regular soda, fried foods, breads, candies... anything I wanted, I consumed. 

Long life story short... Here I am at 280lbs... size 18/20. and incredibly mad at doing this to myself... What was I thinking??!!
 This is absolutely 100% unacceptable. 
In no way, shape or form is this OK! I did this to myself... 
And now it's time to fix this and save my life.
This blog is my commitment to my health and body-
With this blog I intend on monitoring my weight loss and overall being. 

I will NOT let my love for food control me any longer...
I REFUSE to be a slave to my own body for one more day..
My change starts NOW.. 
It's going to be a long and hard road- but I know I can conquer this.. I know.. one day.. 
I will be able to shop anywhere I please!


 

Below are images from 6th grade to 9th grade. I was close to/ at/ over 200 in these photos- Still doing competitive swimming- yet hating myself and thought I was the fastest, ugliest thing EVER... oh if only I can get back to this size I would LOVE myself more than ever.





I don't have any current photos on my personal laptop... after all WHY would I want to see those horrible photos.. But hopefully tomorrow I will get on my mothers computer and post some more recent photos so you can see where I am starting this journey from!


No comments:

Post a Comment